Department of Music
The Department of Music
The Department of Music has been an integral part of California State University, Fresno since its inception. In 1935, the first Bachelor of Arts degree in Music was awarded and in 1954, the College moved to its current Cedar and Shaw location. In 1972, Fresno State College joined the California State University system. Over the years the Music Department has prepared hundreds of candidates for bachelor's and master's degrees in music, and its graduates teach and perform all over the world.
The Department of Music at Fresno State offers some of the most extensive music facilities within the California State University system. The 65,000 square foot expansion of the Music Building, completed in 1991, combined with an extensive remodeling of the existing facility includes a 320 seat Concert Hall, the 200 seat Wahlberg Recital Hall, a 220 seat Rehearsal Hall, as well as over 30 practice rooms, classrooms, a large dance studio, faculty office space, a conference room, student lounge, and 700 student lockers. The building also contains a recording studio, computer labs, and a tracker-action organ. For further information about the Department of Music, see the following link: /music/