Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

Department of Music


Back to Handbook

Students must apply for graduation in the semester they intend to graduate. The filing period is normally the first two weeks of the semester.

The process is not automatic, and you actually have to apply, get the department Graduate Program Coordinator’s signature, and pay a fee. You must also be registered during the semester in which you plan to graduate.

Sometimes students register for Music 298 or Music 299 in a given semester but do not actually complete the work until a subsequent semester. If this happens, do not reregister for Music 298 or Music 299. Your continuation in the course is automatically assumed. Massive problems, threatening your graduation arise if your reregister.

If you need only to be registered as a student but are not taking any courses in the semester you graduate, register for zero units in GS 299. For more information about registering for GS 299, go to the Division of Graduate Studies Office located in the Thomas Administration Building, Room 132.

Back to Handbook