Armenian Studies Program
Scholarships offered through the Armenian Studies Program
Please note, Scholarships are only awarded to currently enrolled Fresno State students, who meet university and Program minimum requirements. There
is a two-step process.
Make sure to apply for each Armenian or Armenian Studies scholarship opportunity. See the list of scholarship opportunities below.
The Scholarship application period opens October 1, 2022 and closes March 2, 2023.
The priority period for scholarship applications for Armenian Studies scholarships ends October 31.
Apply for Armenian Studies Program Scholarship by completing the ASP Supplemental form (print and fill out) and mail it to the Armenian Studies Office or return it to the Armenian Studies Program office, Peters Business Building, Room 384.
You will need to fill out the Fresno State scholarship application form before you are considered for a Armenian Studies scholarship.
Each year Fresno State, through its Armenian Studies Program, awards more than $85,000 in scholarships and grants from endowments given to the University to aid students interested in Armenia and the Armenians. Awards range from $1,000 to $2,000. These scholarships are for anyone taking Armenian Studies Program courses and not only for students of "Armenian" heritage. Students pursuing a minor in Armenian Studies are usually guaranteed a scholarship. Additionally, each year there are several Research Grants awarded by the Armenian Studies Program to students with a high GPA interested in carrying out research in Armenian history, art, or literature under the direction of a faculty member.
Students working toward a minor or simply enrolling in Armenian courses are eligible for scholarships administered by the program.
- Armenian Professional Society of San Francisco Armenian Scholarship
- Armenian General Benevolent Union Greater Fresno Chapter Scholarship
- Armenian Studies Scholarship
- G. Franklin Antoyan Endowed Scholarship
- Nerces and Ruth Azadian Armenian Memorial Scholarship
- Kirkor & Mary Bedoian Armenian Memorial Scholarship
- Clara Bousian Bedrosian Armenian Scholarship
- Norma and Bob Der Mugrdechian Armenian Memorial Scholarship
- Donald Garabedian Endowed Scholarship
- Albert and Isabelle Kabrielian Memorial Scholarship
- Koren and Alice Odian Kasparian Armenian Scholarship
- Charlie Keyan Armenian Endowed Scholarship
- Thomas A. Kooyumjian Family Foundation Scholarship
- Yervant, Rose, and Hovannes Levonian Armenian Educational Grant
- Charles K. and Pansy Pategian Zlokovich Armenian Scholarship
- Pete P. Peters Armenian Studies Scholarship
- Haiganoosh (Agnes) and Simon D. Peterson Family Scholarship
- Robert V. Saroyan Family Scholarship
- Walter Sepetjian Armenian Memorial Scholarship
- Genevieve Tatoian Armenian Scholarship
- Telfeyan Evangelical Fund Armenian Scholarship
- Harry & Mary Topoozian Armenian Memorial Scholarship
Additional scholarships will be awarded from the following funds
- Ronald J. Garabedian II Armenian Legacy Scholarship
- Bertha and John Garabedian Charitable Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Armen Kandarian Foundation Scholarship
- Elizabeth Koojoolian Armenian Memorial Scholarship
- Isabel Lion Armenian Memorial Scholarship
- James L. Melikian L.A. Brothers Scholarship
- John and Lucille Melkonian Scholarship
- Warren R. Paboojian Award for Editor of Hye Sharzhoom
- Leon S. Peters Armenian Scholarship
- Dr. Vartan & Sossie Djabrayan Scholarship, in memory of Sossie’s beloved parents, Nazareth & Nvere Ohannesian
- Jeff and Jason Ahronian Armenian Scholarship
- Elizabeth Ayvazian Memorial Scholarship
Annual renewals are assured for students who continue to enroll in Armenian Studies courses. In addition to these, full tuition scholarships and research-assistant grants are also available.